Quick Links

Daily Readings

Daily Scripture Readings, Troparion and Kontakion

Read More

Holy Fathers

Selected quotes and teachings of the Holy Fathers

Read More

Saints

Learn about the lives of the saints of the Orthodox Church

Read More

Menologion



Daily Reading

Wednesday

LITURGY

Acts 8:18-25

     18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, 19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. 20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. 23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. 24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the LORD for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me. 25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.




John 6:35-39

     35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

+ + + 

THE NINE HOLY MARTYRS OF CYZICOS
ST CRONAN, ABBOT

Troparion of the Martyrs    Tone 3
Of one accord in the holy Faith/ the ninefold band of Martyrs in Cyzicos excelled in contest./ They preached God the Word as above all gods/ and were slaughtered for Him like lambs./ Now they pray for mercy and forgiveness for us who hymn their holy contest.

Troparion of St Cronan    Tone 1
O holy Cronan, in the monasteries that thou didst found/ thou wast known for thy hospitality to the poor and to travelers./ Pray for us that we may follow thine example/ and welcome all in Christ's Name, to His glory.

Kontakion of the Martyrs    Tone 1
Let us praise the ninefold choir of Martyrs: renowned Theones and Antipater,/ Magnus and Theostichos, Artemas and Theodotos,/ Thaumasios, Philemon and Rufus;/ for they pour forth divine grace for us from the wellspring of life, our Saviour.

Comments