Quick Links

Daily Readings

Daily Scripture Readings, Troparion and Kontakion

Read More

Holy Fathers

Selected quotes and teachings of the Holy Fathers

Read More

Saints

Learn about the lives of the saints of the Orthodox Church

Read More

Menologion



Daily Reading:

Wednesday

LITURGY

1 Corinthians 16:4-12

     And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me. Now I will come unto you, when I shall pass through Macedonia: for I do pass through Macedonia. And it may be that I will abide, yea, and winter with you, that ye may bring me on my journey whithersoever I go. For I will not see you now by the way; but I trust to tarry a while with you, if the Lord permit. But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost. For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries. Now if Timotheus come, see that he may be with you without fear: for he worketh the work of the Lord, as I also do. Let no man therefore despise him: but conduct him forth in peace, that he may come unto me: for I look for him with the brethren. As touching our brother Apollos, I greatly desired him to come unto you with the brethren: but his will was not at all to come at this time; but he will come when he shall have convenient time.

Matthew 21:28-32

     But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

+ + +
HOLY APOSTLES OF THE SEVENTY SILAS, SILVAN, CRESCENS, EPENETOS AND ANDRONICOS

Troparion    Tone 4
Let us praise the divine Apostles,/ Crescens, Silvan, Silas, Andronicos and Epenetos./ Like rational heavens they shone with the glory of Him/ Who humbled Himself for our sake./ They entreat Christ that all may be saved.

Kontakion    Tone 4
You appeared as branches of the vine of Christ,/ bearing virtues as clusters of wisdom,/ pouring on us the wine of salvation./ Receiving it we are filled with joy/ and celebrate your venerable memory./ Pray that our sins may be forgiven,/ O Apostles of the Lord.

Comments