Quick Links

Daily Readings

Daily Scripture Readings, Troparion and Kontakion

Read More

Holy Fathers

Selected quotes and teachings of the Holy Fathers

Read More

Saints

Learn about the lives of the saints of the Orthodox Church

Read More

Menologion



Daily Reading:

Tuesday

LITURGY

Romans 7:14-8:2

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Matthew 10:9-15

Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

+ + +
HOLY MARTYRS ALEXANDER AND ANTONINA
ST JOHN, METROPOLITAN OF TOBOLSK

Troparion of Ss Alexander and Antonina Tone 1
Let us praise the two holy Martyrs,/ renowned Alexander and noble Antonina;/ in their holy contests they shone with love, faith and healing/ for those who cry together:/ Glory to Him Who has strengthened you; glory to Him Who has crowned you;/ glory to Him Who through you works healings for all.

Troparion of St John of Tobolsk Tone 8
Thou wast a guide of virtue, a comforter of orphans and an unmercenary physician of the sick;/ a help of the suffering and an intercessor to the Lord;/ beseech Him to save our souls.

Kontakion of Ss Alexander and Antonina Tone 2
Let us bless godly Alexander and Antonina,/ spiritual kinsmen in Christ and of one mind in holiness;/ receiving their struggles and wounds as fragrant myrrh/ He has glorified them.

Kontakion of St John of Tobolsk Tone 2
To those in the darkness of ignorance thou wast a light,/ a comforter of widows and orphans, and a physician to the weak,/ a guide to the young and the light of joy to parents./ Pray to Christ our God to grant Faith in our land/ and great mercy to His people.

Comments