Quick Links

Daily Readings

Daily Scripture Readings, Troparion and Kontakion

Read More

Holy Fathers

Selected quotes and teachings of the Holy Fathers

Read More

Saints

Learn about the lives of the saints of the Orthodox Church

Read More

Menologion



PRAYER FOR A WOMAN WITH CHILD

O Sovereign Lord Jesus Christ our God, the Source of life and
immortality, I thank Thee, for in my marriage Thou has blest me to be
a recipient of Thy blessing and gift; for Thou, O Master, didst say:
Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.

I thank Thee and pray: Bless this fruit of my body that was given to
me by Thee; favor it and animate it by Thy Holy Spirit, and let it
grow a healthy and pure body, with well-formed limbs.

Sanctify its body, mind, heart, and vitals, and grant this infant
that is to be born an intelligent soul; establish him in the fear of
Thee.

A faithful angel, a guardian of soul and body, do thou vouchsafe him.
Protect, keep, strengthen, and shelter the child in my womb until the
hour of his birth. But conceal him not in his mother's womb; Thou
gavest him life and health.

O Lord Jesus Christ, into Thine almighty and paternal hands do I
entrust my child. Place him upon the right hand of Thy grace, and
through Thy Holy Spirit sanctify him and renew him unto life
everlasting, that he may be a comminucant of Thy Heavenly Kingdom.
Amen.

O All-Merciful Christ our God, look down and protect me, Thy
handmaiden, from fear and from evil spirits that seek to destroy the
work of Thy hands. And when my hour and time is come, deliver me by
Thy grace.

Look with compassionate eye and deliver me, Thy handmaiden, from
pain. Lighten mine infirmity in the time of my travail and grant me
fortitude and strength for birth giving, and hasten it by Thine
almighty help.

For this is Thy glorious work, the power of Thine omnipotence, the
work of Thy grace and tender-heartedness. Amen.

My most gracious Queen, my hope, O Mother of God, the joy of those in
sorrow, help me, for I am helpless.

Intercede thou and pray thy Son, Christ our God, that He lighten for
me this season while I am with child, and that He ease the burden of
heaviness of me, this unworthy handmaiden, and bestow His blessings
upon the child to which I am giving birth.

For I know no other help save thee, no other hope save thee, O Mother
of God that will guard and protect me and my child. For by thine
intercession and help we send up glory and thanksgiving for all
things unto the One God in Trinity, the Creator of all, now and ever,
and unto the ages of ages.

Amen.

Comments